Thursday, December 11, 2008

-29

I really have no idea what I want to do with my life.

Isn’t that awesome?!

…no, not really.

“Art” is the suggestion I get from most people. If they wouldn’t mind recommending an ACTUAL JOB maybe I would take them a little more seriously. But, mostly, it’s just, “I don’t know, but you should be an artist!” Gag.
My most recent decision regarding my future was to major in both art AND psychology, so I could become an art therapist, perhaps? However, on further exploration into the field I’ve decided that I don’t really give a fuck about psychology. Really. But I’m probably going to declare it anyway so I’m not encumbered when I get back to the states and have to register for classes. What a mess.

In an interesting turn of events, my drawing teacher told me Wednesday that I should be studying art in New York or Chicago (which I’ve considered, but MSU is freeee) and that if I decide to be an art major he would get in contact with his friends and see if there’s anything they can do for me. Suddenly, art school has become a lot more intriguing. I’ll probably start researching art schools again after next semester, so thank you MSU ahead of time for making study abroad so affordable for me. I’ll never forget you, until I’m having a much better time in an art institute.

Or maybe I’ll switch my major to a science and spend another year in school. I’ve always liked science, and I’ve always liked stickin’ it to the man. Fuck you, art gods, I’m going to squander my talent by living with chimps.

Hey, it could happen.


In the mean time I'll just gloat about the fact that next semester I'll be living in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, which is, I've been informed, the most affluent part of London. I see they're having a cashmere sale on the 19th. Pity I won't be in town quite yet.

No comments: