Wednesday, March 25, 2009

+76

Sorry things have been a little quiet around here. From what I can tell, all of my friends are loving the city, and tomorrow morning I fly out to Paris! A couple of my friends and I will be staying there Thurs, Fri and Sat, and then we'll be back in London by Sat night. It should be a crazy busy weekend, but I'll have some more fresh pictures to put up once we're back.

The days they are a'dwindling. I make my decent into the US on the 26th of April, which is a couple days over a month from now. I'll be happy to leave, sad to leave, happy to be home, and missing this home, all at the same time. ...but it's not something I'm going to think about right now.

Today we went to the Inns of Court, which are where all the barristers have their chambers, and we visited the courts and sat in on some trials. I thought it was pretty dang cool, and all of the barristers and judges got to hang out in horse hair wigs. Yesterday we had an in depth lecture about the English legal system and I found it highly interesting...probably because I've had some practice digesting that kind of information from my PLS class last semester.

After our trip, a few friends and I headed to Old Street to try and find an art gallery for an extra credit paper. Only after half an hour of wandering around in the rain (hahaha, yes! the London weather is BACK!) did someone think to ask the only other art gallery in the area where our destination was. And it was closed. Indefinitely.

Then I ate some Hummus Bros with Amanda and Nik, wandered around Soho, headed back home, took a nap, and ended up in McDonalds to use the internet because it's been almost a month and the flat STILL doesn't have its wireless fixed.

Goodness.

This post is all over the place.

On my tube ride back to Earl's Court, I sat across from a poem.

No comments: